Battling those WIPs is a huge pleasure with just an occasional struggle (more on that later), but it's a slow process for me.
Anyway, although I have the photos only now, these are the pervious weekend finishes:
And some Friday cutting and yesterday sewing resulted in the first top of the twin baby quilts:
The second will follow shortly, I hope:
As for the struggle part, I found the fabric for my sister-in-law's tova rather tricky to sew. After getting lots of skipped stitches and even a bit of chewed fabric I figured out I probably need a special needle for this type of fabric (shhh, don't laugh at me too much). Fortunately, there is one brick-and-mortar fabric shop I know, where the staff is very helpful. I went there with a piece of the fabric and got the needle, together with a clear explanation why I need such a needle and what it looks like (i.e. golden in colour).
I already tried it out and the difference is huge, so my SIL's tova will be finished too.
It's really a pity the shop doesn't carry quilting weight cotton, but there is some nice and soft solid cotton I might use for backing quilts.