2013-06-30

summer morning in the forest...

...well, OK, more like in front of my block of flats, but still quite cool, don't you think:


7 a.m. photos mean no neighbours' laundry yet and a bit of nice morning light.

I

And a bit of detail (I'm really happy I decided to quilt the black blocks in white, too).



Some quilt stats:
Size: about 59"x 83" (149x210cm)
Pattern: blocks from the splendid Forest QAL plus some simple patchwork
Quilting: FMQ flowery (or maybe leafy) doodles, not too dense to leave the quilt nice and soft.


And I just can't pass the opportunity to paste the QAL button, as I'm adding my post to the Forest QAL linky.




8 comments:

  1. Piękna narzuta:) baaardzo się cieszę, że ją skończyłaś! Biała nić to był strzał w dziesiątkę.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. What a perfect way to incorporate those blocks into some beautiful patchwork. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You already know I love this, but I will happily tell you again. You chose such great fabrics to do all the piecing in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful Tusen. Fabulous job. Love the woodpecker !

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have finished this quilt in such a lovely layout. I also love your quilting and the whole thing looks beautiful in the morning sun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! This is so beautiful quilt! I love your fabrics and design! See you at the Forest QAL! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so beautiful! Gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh those feathers!!! Gorgeous! Love how you worked in the patchwork!

    ReplyDelete