Here it is, with a rather long name of starry princess and the pea:
The quilt was supposed to be pink for the recipient - a little lover of all things pink, but was to have also a bit of green for her mum who is not as keen on pink. I might have erred on the amount of green, but there is still a lot of pink, right?
Just in case the intended recipient didn't think so, I went almost full pink on the backing. It might not be too obvious, so let me point out that the various fabric strips were inspired by the stack of mattresses from a certain tale.
I may have already made one wonky stars quilt, but somehow the block seemed just right for this quilt, too.
I had lots of fun with quilting - big doodle flowers are very relaxing. I went for simply covering the quilt with the flowers, rather then emphasising each star, but this princess had to have a flower of her own:
And watching my cousin's way of stitching the binding I decided to try it out, although not with pearl cotton but with the same thread I used for quilting, and I have to say, I quite like the effect. I did however stitch the edge of the binding down also using my regular method. As the quilt was for a child I wanted to make the biding more secure.
The little girl who received the quilt might have been a little shy, but she hugged it, ran with it to her bed and then slept under it. And I've heard that after getting up in the morning, she went back to the bedroom to hug her quilt.
This is what I love about quilting.