2014-03-23

another-brown-quilt - a finish

While I've been quiet here, some of you might have spotted glimpses of another-brown-quilt on the instagram.
Now that it's finished and safely spread on my mother-in-law's bed, let me show you a bit more.

the block I found in EQ7

the final design - after playing with the colours and then with the chosen fabrics

cutting, sewing and trimming - surprisingly relaxing

let's take a photo outside

uhm, right, ok, let's take a photo inside our block of flats, on the stairs
the odd-one-out I like my quilts to have - this time it's supposed to be two things, the neon green binding and the doodle flowers quilted around the border
So, as you can probably guess it was fun. But I might need to take a long break from brown now.

6 comments:

  1. Love that outside shot!!! You did a stellar job with all that brown. I am impressed but I hope the next quilt someone asks for is hot pink and lime green, or some such thing, just to give you a bright change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I think you are great at brown and have earned a long break from it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a fan of modern brown quilts, it seems subversive somehow. I love the way you structured the different shades.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is stunnning, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Podziwiam Cię, że miałaś cierpliwość szycia tylu bloków! Ale opłaciło się: efekt jest tego wart:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fiu! Znów jestem pod wrażeniem :))) Jesteś niedościgniona w swoich brązowych projektach - śliczny pled. I to dla Teściowej!! - podwójny podziw, że się tak postarałaś :)))) (ups, chyba nie powinnam tego pisać :)) ). Pozdrawiam!

    ReplyDelete