The quilt I want to show you is my freshly finished Australian quilt:
Here are some reasons the quilt is special to me:
- I got the Aboriginal prints from my Australian cousin, who is a quilter and whose quilts were the first quilts I'd ever seen, and whose quilts still remain the only quilts I've seen "live" (apart from those I've made, obviously).
- The design is mine - I know it is very simple but I'm still very happy with it. (I like the little runaway square)
- (And here is a fragment of the back)
- It's the first time I used white fabric in a quilt and I like the crisp feeling it created (I'v taken the photos in warm morning light, so I'm afraid they don't show it so well)
- We're keeping it and it's actually big enough to cover our entire bed
It's the last picture (I promise) and I'm off to admire all the beautiful festival entries.