The weather is not very photo friendly right now, so I'm trying Rita's trick to show you the first finished quilt of 2014.
Surprisingly, but according to the plan, it's also the first item from my FAL 2014 list.
If you remember I had a problem with finding the right pattern for the quilt, after I decided that my initial idea wouldn't work. Luckily, with a little (read: huge) help from my friends I discovered this beautiful quilt and tried to recreate it.
It looked perfect for the fabric I had, so I didn't alter anything apart
from using a flange instead of the thin border and adding an appliqué
For the back, apart from the strip pieced out of the remaining scraps, I added some more leaves.
The leaves were fun to make. I started with gathering several leaves in autumn (my sister added a few lovely ones).
Then I scanned them, traced their contours in a graphics program, printed them and used the printout as template for raw edge appliqué.
The quilt still needs a label, but I think I finally know what I want it to look like.