2012-07-10

summer not-much-sewing

If you combine hot, humid weather with lots of work at work and with a sewing machine that cannot decide whether to sew or spit out the bobbin case, the sewing situations gets rather tricky.
Fortunately for a sewing addict (and I just might be one of them) there's EPP.
As some of you might have guessed, I got tempted by the Retreat Issue of Fat Quarterly. I altered Brioni's pattern a bit, as I wanted something a bit smaller than a placemat, still I hope it looks OK:

(my machine even allowed me to quilt it)

This was followed by a bunch of  tiny hexies (well, not too tiny, they are roughly 1" across):


I will use them to embellish a small tote for my Mum.

And now I think I would love to make an EPP quilt one day (and maybe even with hexies, although not as small as these). I'm quite prepared to take it very slowly, I'm just wondering if there are any tricks to actually make it through till the end - any thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Love your take on the snowball block :-) Hexies are cute too. I'm going to do a quilt one day, but I'm thinking gluestick baste the hexis then sew them together, same a whole lotta time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your EPP placemat is lovely, as are the hexies. I just received Tacha's new book Hexie Go-Go which is full of quilts made with EPP. She had told me that she made all the quilts in the book over a 1 year period. I am still trying to decide if I like it enough to stick with a pillow project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little quilty and I love your hexagons : )

    ReplyDelete